Outreach Affiliate will support the work of the Alliance’s education and volunteer efforts, including the Adopt-a-Beach™ Program, on-the-ground volunteer opportunities, and other local projects in and around Chicago. The Outreach Affiliate will work closely with the Volunteer Manager and Education Manager on communications, event planning, research, data management and evaluation of our programs.
This is a part-time, temporary, paid position for March – September 2019. Applicants for this position must have college experience. Progressive work experience may be considered in lieu of college experience. This position is based in Chicago, IL. Applicants must be comfortable with navigating travel in the Chicagoland area.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the Alliance’s volunteer programs by conducting outreach to new and returning volunteers and mailing Adopt-a-Beach™ supplies;
- Provide logistical support to the Adopt-a-Beach™ program by organizing and accurately imputing data from Adopt-a-Beach™, advocacy and special events;
- Attend local Adopt-a-Beach™ events;
- Attend community tabling/speaking events to recruit potential volunteers and expand the Alliance’s presence in the community;
- Coordinate in-person and online trainings for volunteers;
- Coordinate with beach/land managers to ensure proper permits for Adopt-a-Beach™ events;
- Conduct online research to support Alliance volunteering programming, with a focus on volunteer management technology and community engagement in communities not currently engaged by the Alliance; and
- Help with administrative/office tasks as needed.
Eligibility & Qualifications
Affiliates will require a variety of skill sets, but general qualification must include:
- College Experience required. Progressive work experience may be considered in lieu of college experience.
- Experience in community organization, specifically planning and leading events, recruitment and coordination of volunteers, and public engagement in social or environmental issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker with the ability to proactively translate ideas into on-the-ground actions
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Ability to work outdoors under variable weather conditions
- Attraction to mission-driven public interest work and volunteer engagement
- Availability for Spring – Summer 2019 in Chicago, IL (start date: week of March 18, end date: September 29)
Individuals interested in the affiliate position should send applications, including:
- Cover letter
- Two professional reference contacts
Candidates will be contacted directly if they are selected for an interview. No phone inquiries please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line please indicate: Outreach Affiliate