Litter in your neighborhood can find its way into the Great Lakes via storm drains on your street. And litter is gross wherever it falls! Help keep the Great Lakes – and your community – clean by picking up neighborhood litter with your household.
Hosting a neighborhood cleanup is just as easy as hosting an Adopt-a-Beach cleanup. Here are the steps:
- Register your neighborhood cleanup. You can clean up any day, any time, any neighborhood. All of the cleanups in September 2020 will be included as part of the 2020 International Coastal Cleanup.
- Plan logistics for your cleanup. Consider where you will start and finish your cleanup. What precautions will you take to remain safe? Where will you dispose of any litter?
- Gather supplies. Gloves, masks, and bags or pails are required. Decide what other supplies you may need.
- Hold your cleanup. Have fun and take plenty of photos! Neighborhood cleanups are just as fun as beach cleanups. And we love to see photos of your impact and your team.
- Record your litter data online. Your data makes a difference. Submit your data within 7 days after the cleanup.
Remember, neighborhood cleanups can start at your door. Register your neighborhood cleanup today!